And this is when we freak out.

Friday, October 8, 2010

So, using the December 6 due date, we have less than 60 days until due date. How is that possible? I feel as though this must be the time that mommies-to-be (or at least first time mommies-to-be) completely freak out. :) This week has been a bit of an emotional roller coaster, for many reasons, but I feel like I'm panicking a bit. I keep telling myself that if she comes today, we have the room ready (even though she won't really be sleeping in there initially), and we could always go buy our car seat. We're going to be fine. Then I think of things like this:

I have no idea what I should even pack in a bag for the hospital. How can I be a mom when I don't even know what I need to take care of MYSELF (and my husband) in the hospital (much less what we need to take for the baby)? So, this week I printed about 4 checklists I found online and realized there are things I never would have thought of to bring with me. Like a nursing bra. I don't think I would have thought about even buying one until we got out of the hospital. Hehe. I'm so prepared.

I have to have the air vents cleaned out. Yes, I've decided that a baby can't come home to our house until the air vents are cleaned. I don't know why I've decided this. I think it's probably just a good thing to do occasionally. But it's become this weird kind of obsession. I know, though, that I'll either have to schedule the appointment on a Friday afternoon or wait until after Thanksgiving when I'm off for a few days before baby (hopefully). And really I'd like to have all the blinds replaced before baby, too, but I don't see that happening. :)

I haven't organized Baby E's closet! I hate disorganized closets. We've been just collecting gifts and clothes given to us by friends in the closet with no rhyme or reason. Logic tells me that I should wait until after showers to wash and sort and organize and hang (or fold) clothes. However, when I walk in the room, I think, "Wow - this is looking super cute, but I know behind those doors is a bunch of stuff I haven't organized!" Thankfully, my fabulous friend Amy offered last night to come over after my first shower and help me with some of that.

When am I going to decorate for Christmas? We can't not have the house decorated for her first Christmas. I know I can get it done. I will just need Jeremy to put the pieces of the tree together, then I think I can probably do the rest. The problem is, I have no idea when I'm going to do that. Sometime in November, I guess.

I have so much to do! Yet, I don't feel like I know what it is. Is that weird? :) With getting the nursery ready, at least I knew what needed to be done: furniture, painting, bedding, etc. I know decorating. I don't know raising a baby!

In all honesty, though, we are very excited. I just feel a few of the panic notions every now and then. :) So, if I'm around you and act crazy, it's because I am and probably because I have a million things running through my mind, most of which are irrational. I apologize in advance. ;) In the meantime, we're just here...living this crazy dream! Love you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment