The birth...

Monday, August 16, 2010

No, no, no. Not the birth of the baby, but of the blog! :)

Well, I've been trying to figure out how to best keep friends and family updated on the happenings in our family life and discovered that perhaps this is the best way. I'm not great at sending out regular emails (and I'm almost certain to leave at least one person off every time), so I figured I could keep this page updated to keep everyone who is interested updated. You can read as often as I post, if you like, or you can ignore it altogether.

I chose the name of this blog because of a Dean Martin song with which you may be familiar (and have heard if you were at our wedding and got a favor CD). I thought about trying to come up with a quote or title from and AC/DC song, as most of you know Jeremy and I are big fans. However, it just didn't seem to fit. Well, since music is a huge part of our lives, I kept thinking until I came up with "I'll buy that dream..." Here are the lyrics to the song:

Imagine me with my head on your shoulder
And you with your lips gettin' bolder
A sky full of moon and a sweet mellow tune
I'll buy that dream

Imagine you in a gown white and flowery
And me thanking Dad for my dowry
A church full of folks and those last minute jokes
I'll buy that dream

A honeymoon in Cairo with a brand new autogyro
Then home by rocket in a wink
We'll settle down near Dallas in a little old crazy palace
It's not as crazy as you think

Imagine me on our first anniversary
With someone like you in the nursery
It doesn't sound bad and if it can be had
I'll buy that dream

I decided that this was appropriate because I often feel like my life is a dream. I have ups and downs just like anyone else, but I believe God blessed me by putting Jeremy in my life at just the right time, and I sure am glad I waited for him. ;) It's a reminder to me that God most certainly does know what he's doing, and I am completely confident that there isn't a better match for me out there. I really believe I'm living the dream. Well, I'm living my dream, and I don't much care what other's dreams are. That's their business. :)

As I'm sure anyone who reads this knows by now, we're anxiously awaiting our new life change in the form of a new baby girl, scheduled to arrive in December! Many friends and family continue to ask how things are going, so I hope to use this tool to keep you updated on multiple aspects of our lives. I'll post pics, updates, stories, and probably prayer requests. :)

That's all for now, but I will post soon with some initial baby updates. In the meantime, live your dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment