The Old Man is 30! ;)

Friday, September 10, 2010


Well, Jeremy's birthday was last Friday, and we had a great weekend celebrating. Friday I picked up his Double Doozie cookie cake. If you've never had one, it's basically two cookie cakes stacked with a layer of icing between. They are absolutely ridiculous, but he's always wanted one, so I splurged. :) That night we celebrated with Mom, Alyssa, and the boys. We had a great time!






Saturday, I surprised Jeremy by taking him to Galveston to visit Moody Gardens and have lunch. My energy level is waning a bit these days, so that's pretty much all I was up for, but we had a great time. Got to see some great animals and pretty landscaping. We went to a place called The Spot for lunch, and it rocked! We ordered Shrimp kisses (shrimp with pepper jack cheese, wrapped in bacon and fried) as an appetizer, and we each ordered a burger. Jeremy's was some kind of hickory burger, and mine was called the Zach. It was a burger with cheddar cheese, chili, and Fritos. I know - sounds weird, but it was AWESOME! We had a really great time just spending the day together. We stopped at IKEA on the way home to get a bookcase for the nursery that I'd spotted online, and that was insane - certainly enough to knock me out the rest of the day, so we spent the rest of the afternoon and evening watching movies and some TV.



Then we got to celebrate with Kenny, Lynn, Tracy, and Lynn's niece and nephew on Sunday (still eating the cookie cake). :) And had a great time staying up late with some friends after pizza and games Sunday night after services, since we had Monday off. Monday was a great day. We didn't leave the house, and I got a lot done but got to relax some, too.

We've got quite a crazy schedule coming up. Next week my friend Erika will be in town, so I think I'm going to spend the day with her on Thursday, and she'll spend the night Thursday night. We leave Friday to go up to Amarillo to visit Gamp and Granny. Hopefully, the flight won't abuse my poor swollen feet too badly. :) The rest of the month is booked up with various events around here. We've got Slade's birthday the first weekend in October, and we head to Phoenix for my friend Susan's wedding the following weekend. Looking forward to all the fun things we have planned - just hope this baby cooperates. :)

I've got a doctor's appointment on Tuesday, so I'll keep everyone posted!

On a sad note, we lost a very dear friend last night. Mickey Suttle passed away yesterday about 5 pm. He is a wonderful Christian man, and he will be missed by many. He was diagnosed with an aggressive form of brain cancer in June. Please remember the Suttle and Fontenot families in your prayers during this time of grief. Mickey's gone from this earth, but he will now be freed from earthly suffering and will go on to live his eternal dream. What's your eternal dream, and are you living in a way that you will be blessed with it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment